Thursday, April 23, 2009

Parker 51 Down!


My evening got really bad, really fast. I was just working on some notes from today and I felt my nib get a little squirrely and next thing I know there is a small chunk of my 51 separated from the hood. I do not think I have to tell you that it was not meant to be a 2 piece hood.
It's not quite devastating, but it hurts. I can find a replacement hood or I heard there are people doing some really cool things with the plastic. It's just that I really liked this pen as it is. I know people have had serious damage from just dropping a fountain pen so I guess I am lucky that this happened when I was writing and not using my 51 as a lever to pry open a jar a peanut butter.
It still writes fine, It didn't crack far enough up to effect things. But it's just the point of it. Luckily the New England Pen Show is right around the corner and looks like I am adding one more thing I need to my list.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Nrepose said...

pe you can get it repaired. Nr

Brian Baker said...

Like you say, it could have been worse, you could have dropped it on the nib...

...like I did to mine!

I bought a grey Parker 51 (my first and only) at an outdoor antique sale for, get this, $4!!! Used it less than a month, dropped it on the nib on linoleum floor, bent the nib. It still writes, but not the same.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Good Pens said...

Brian, That is a horrible story, the good news is...for the most part, there are replacements out there and great people to do the repairs if needed!

thennowh said...

click this link now replica louis vuitton click for info Ysl replica look what i found best replica bags online

notho said...

click to read more bag replica high quality pop over here replica gucci bags the original source replica designer bags

giseau said...

replica bags gucci gucci fake q0o00v0t15 replica bags louis vuitton replica bags from korea replica hermes a2w40h4h86 replica bags louis vuitton check these guys out i5a14l8b13 replica bags from china replica bags china d3m44e7l60

tavo said...

b9m44t1j33 s3u04g7y29 m9k23k6w64 y4z43d3n80 u6g39x6e82 h9k23t5x05

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...