Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Moonman AKA The Camry


OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chinese pen that I own 3 or 4 of this exact model.  There are other versions, but I stick with this one.   It comes in F (.5) and EF (.38) and I am a fan of the EF. 

The gas tank on this thing is massive and that's all part of the fun. If you don't own one, it's stays on my list of daily drivers and it's so easy to see what color ink I am grabbing. (clear body, duh Seth) It even comes with an eye dropper,  

Did I mention it's a little bleedy?  It is, but I don't mind that.  one thing I do mind... is that I do not recommend taking this thing on an airplane.  (Unless the airplane never leaves the ground.)  This thing will spit ink like an angry cobra once the plane pressurizes.  I usually don't have issues with my pens and flying, but I take this one out of the bag when I travel.  I heard rumors you could fill it completely up with ink to help with this but that feels like filling the bathtub up to the rim before you cannonball into it. 

I mean it's pretty sleek right? I wish it had a clip because it gets a little roll-y on the desk,  Moonman might now be Majohn now, if you need to google it, Jetpens used to sell them,  but have stopped but for a while they had amazing colors.


I like this pen,  some others have complained that it runs a little dry, but I never had that issue.   It's nice enough that it gets noticed but it's not so nice that I worry about it getting eaten by the dog (don't ask, we have talked about it and I think he understands what pens not to chew on.)

Nice pen,  grab one off of ebay or amazon if you don't have one. 

Cheers,





No comments:

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...