Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not Another Wearever Fountain Pen

First off...my fellow pen blogger Nrepose over at Unposted put up some great shots of some work I did on his Sheaffer Cartridge. I have been doing a ton of repairs lately and it was a pleasure to get that pen back in writing mode for him. Post and pictures here!
He's running a great blog so be sure to keep an eye on it. Good Stuff.

Now to my pen and yes, it's another Wearever, in a few prior posts I went over my love for these pens and this one is no different. I think this one is the Wearever Supreme from the 60's... and supreme it is. This one also has a surprise...

Click the picture, yes that section has a clear feed on it. Lucite I believe. I cleaned it up here for your viewing pleasure. All shined up... it looks great, inked it looks like a clear feed with some ink on it and there's no getting around that. This one now has a fresh sac and is ready for another 40 years of use.

The paper was not a great choice here, but the pen does write very well. With a little Rose Cyclamen J. Herbin we are good to go. I love that they put a hood over the nib copying the styles of the times. It does class the joint up a little bit and we all can use a little of that every now and then. Good Pen. Have a nice Thursday!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Nice work on the pen for Nrepose, always love to see the great reviews you have here. I do like the hooded nib on this pen, similar to the Lamy 2000 that I want to get one day.

Anonymous said...

That is a Wearever Pioneer, not a Supreme.

Kurt said...

Hey - I have just come across a couple of Wearever fountain pens and I don't know what kind of cartridges or converters I can use with them. Can you help me?

Kurt

Roshan Reddy said...

I got wearever fountain pens from grand father as a gift. These are really amazing gifts that one can get.


Roshan Reddy

Unknown said...

jordan shoes
true religion jeans
coach outlet
the north face canada
michael kors outlet
north face
coach factory outlet
canada goose uk
ray ban uk
ralph lauren uk
201711.10wengdongdong

raybanoutlet001 said...

coach factory outlet
true religion jeans
nfl jerseys wholesale
oakland raiders jerseys
oakley sunglasses
polo ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet online
browns jerseys
longchamp outlet
salomon shoes

raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap ray ban sunglasses
michael kors uk
ravens jerseys
packers jerseys
true religion outlet
air huarache
michael kors outlet
chargers jerseys
christian louboutin sale
converse trainers

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...