Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Slow Down...Breathe... repeat


Every now and then I get caught up. It's usually a small thing that snags me and then the slight spiral downward begins. Today it was spending time trying to figure out a way to keep track of inked fountain pens. In the past, I used a list similar to the one above.

Today, I sort of just threw caution to the wind and went with the memory system. I am not sure if it will save time or if I will find a Double Jeweled Parker 51 crusted up with ink in a few months- but I am freeing myself of this manual list. It's gone, it was fun to look at... but gone. (P.S. don't even try to figure out my code.)

Gathering just a few pen cups from my office I can put this shot together in about 10 seconds. Odd, considering my office is spotless and in perfect order most days. I just happen to have a few pen holders around. It's a little much- I realize that. I am far from a pack rat and have no problems with a good purge. However, these remain constantly overwhelming, but in a neat way.
So, I turned down the headphones, switched from M.I.A. to Bon Iver and slowed the breathing.

My cleansing process today also involved using (gasp) one pen. All day long. Sometimes it seems like I have a different pens for every word I write and then twice that on certain papers. Today, I settled on this. The Sheaffer Cartridge filler was for everything.
It was just the one I picked and I stuck with it and it was good. Not having a choice was a great choice. I know tomorrow I will be back to the hourly rotation, but for today I took it down a notch.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nrepose said...

I love that clear school pen. Is that a specially made pen drawer organizer. ; )Nr

Anonymous said...

Today for the first time in a while I had the thought, "I need to ink a pen this morning!"

Of course then I realized that I totally did not need to do that, I have more inked than I can use right now, I had just stowed some in the case.

Good Pens said...

NR_ I actually stole that from my son, it was a puzzle holder. Oops.

Anonymous said...

I do the same things on a daily basis with my pens. I have about 400 assortments of fountains, felt tips, sign pens, roller balls and ball points etc. How do you find it best to store each of these when not in use, especially the fountain pens?

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...