Friday, November 14, 2008

What did she bring me? Episode #1

Zebra F-701 from Staples



If you are just joining in, I asked my wife to pick up a pen for me, no questions asked... for a review. I have a cabinet full of vintage fountain pens, perfect gel rollers, brush pens and now I own a  shiny new ball-point.


Click for a better view.

To her credit, it looks like a nice pen. It's metal, sturdy, slim and with a knurled grip. I just am not sure I will ever use it. I love a heavy line of ink and this one seems like it's not putting out the effort. The one thing I did notice is that when writing, it is extremely smooth compared to the thin pens I have been writing with and it says .7 but the line feels much thinner to me.



The receipt says 6.00 and to me that seems expensive for what you get, In my mind, that's half a bottle of Noodlers, or 4 Sarasa's,I only did a few tests with this, but I will give it a day of writing just to be sure.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michael Moncur said...

She stumbled upon one of my favorite ballpoints - I used these for years back when gel pens weren't worth the trouble. I think they make a gel version of it now, and I also have a matching mechanical pencil somewhere around here.

Wendy said...

This is one of my favorite pens. I own two of them. Smooth ballpoint, thin line, never skips. The stainless steel makes it very sturdy out in the field too.

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...