Sunday, September 4, 2011

Restocking Time!

As promised from my last post,  I was putting some new pens in rotation and stumbled upon one of my favorites that was sitting in the vault completely un-inked. It's sort of a sin for this monster.
And yes,  that pen is resting on my new sweet skim board. I am pretty sure this is the first time in blogging history that a pen was ever photographed on a skim board.  Actually I doubt it,  there's probably a site somewhere dedicated to pens and surf paraphernalia. I had an awesome idea once to dedicate a website to my fish taco addiction. Yep,  been done...multiple times. So sad.
I didn't take the time to research this one tonight,  but my gut tells me this is from the late 30's based on the filling mechanism.  You know I am not a huge fan of gold in pens... but with the dark red it just looks so good. Piston filler and perfect nib.  Speaking of the nib. Here's my favorite part:
Do you see it?  Click the pic for a larger image. There it is. It's the little details that make you smile.  Some say the white dot is what reminds them of Sheaffer pens- but its the heart for me.  I hope there's some awesome story about an engineer that was professing his love and created this nib, but I can't verify.
The paper is cheap, the ink is Lie De The and the pen is just about perfect. It needs a shine,  but that's it. Buddha was right.

 Late night multitasking writing a post at 12:43 a.m. finishing up the Open on DVR and staring at Facebook. And the good thing is...a really solid pen has been put back into rotation.

Have a good night.







3 comments:

Ryan@Brassing said...

There's nothing like a vintage Sheaffer's, man. Good call on putting it back into the rotation. I've got a similar Balance (silver striated pearl rather than the roseglow that you've got) that doesn't get used nearly as often as it should.

Good Pens said...

Thanks Ryan. Yep, this one is solid. And I never knew the color was Roseglow. Nice.

Seth

raybanoutlet001 said...

skechers shoes
oakley sunglasses
ferragamo outlet
converse shoes
fitflops shoes
san antonio spurs
giants jersey
michael kors uk
ecco sandals
carolina panthers jersey

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...