Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pilot V Razor Point


I had to run into Staples today and literally jogged through the pen aisle because I did not have any intentions of buying anything...mainly because I just feel like I know everything that is there already. However, I saw Pilot and Extra Fine and I grabbed the package hoping for the best. I bought the 4 pack for around $6.00.

I like the way the pen felt right away. Nice and light and it feels nicely balanced. I grabbed the notebook that I have been using for work lately and remember that scene in There's Something About Mary when the paramedic screams "We got a Bleeder" ...yeah it was like that. Wrong paper. My problem is that when I see extra fine on the label... I expect a .38 and without any bleeding. Life is just not that simple.

But here in the Moleskine, it works a little better and I was little more comfortable. But at the end of the day, the 3 unused pens will probably end up in my next giveaway, I would be better off with the Razor II that markets itself as the Super Fine Point. (that means buying more pens :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Erin C. said...

Yeah, sometimes I see a pen that is labeled fine, then turn over the package and read that their idea of fine = .7 point.

Frustrating that the manufacturers can't be a little more consistent.

Good Pens said...

Right! We need consistency. Agreed!

janey said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog and it's really neat. I love pens, My favorites for drawing are the prismacolor .05, the pilot varsity (i refill it, a bit messy but it can be done) and of course the best - ultra fine sharpie. I didn't know they came out with a new pen. I guess I'll be off to art supply store tomorrow.

Paper Supplies said...

Hi, I just saw your blog and you are right on spot about consistency! One of my favorite pen for drawing (or writing) are the Paper mate Liquid Flair Marker Pen -0.70 mm Extra Fine Pen. If you love drawing or writing with a good pen, you should definitely give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I love the Pilot V Razor Point, but haven't found it in retail stores recently. It writes boldly but sharply.

raybanoutlet001 said...

detroit lions jerseys
mbt shoes outlet
coach outlet online
fitflops sale
los angeles lakers
oakley sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags
cheap nba jerseys
true religion outlet store

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...