Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Retro 51 Roller (and an Empire Cap tease)


I love the weight of this pen. It's substantial and feels very solid when you grab it. It has a few dings on the outside but still looks good enough unless you look closely and the reason for not having a writing sample is because (of course) I threw a G2 refill in it. (Would you expect anything else?) I thought it was appropriate to put the Retro 51 on my Parker Box. If a pen thinks it is strong enough to carry the "51" label it better be good.

Here is just a peak into the Parker Box. You probably have seen about 50% of these. A few of you outside of the blog have seen the one sitting front and center. It's pretty much my favorite pen in the world. That's all. The Empire is strong.

And just a quick shot of the label. Retro 51 has a few decent pens out there (including some fountains) and a really cool bamboo pen that I really want. In fact, there are a lot of pens that I have had my eyes on lately. I need to force myself to hold off till the NE pen show. All bets are off there.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

alex_witte@yahoo.com said...

That box of pens makes me salivate. I haven't been able to find any pen show listings for Minneapolis. :( I've seen some nice pens on various websites, but I'm not sure how reputable the sites are. Any recommendations?

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Very nice...Im jealous, but so jealous that I dont even know where to start being jealous. :)

Good Pens said...

Alex, Sure, it all depends on what you are looking for, Fountain pen hospital, Levenger, hisnibs, jetpens, pear tree pen company is just a short list to start with. Good luck and let me know if you are looking for something, I might be able to help track it down.

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...