Friday, December 5, 2008

Sanford Expresso Pen


I bought a few 6 pack's of these a while back and I'm still burning through them. I keep a few spread through the house as work horses, in the car, in my bag, etc. Not the first pen I grab, but if needed, I know where they are. Just so you know...Expresso is a pen, an espresso is coffee.

Wiki tells me that Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world, selling for between $120 and $600 USD per pound, because it is passed through the digestive tract of the Asian Palm Civet. (That's an animal by the way) Long story short...animal eats raw coffee beans, animals crap beans, humans collect the crap. People drink the coffee from the beans. It's a love story.

Googling shows a ton of versions of this pen. All across the board in all colors and a few different brands. This version is great for most paper and keeps a consistent line when asked. Good pen.

Have a great weekend everyone.-Seth
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pens. The only problem I've ever had though is that I stored them in a pen cup with the tips down and they ended up with a decent amount of ink accumulated outside of the tip, took me a bit to clean them up, but in the end they are great pens.

Nrepose said...

I had some of these and now they are gone, probably on vacation with all those socks I am missing. Anyway, I plan on getting some more and I wanted to mention that in the movie The Bucket List, Jack Nicholson drinks Kopi Luwak. Great movie. Never had the coffee.

Good Pens said...

It's very true about the amount of "creep" on this pen, I forgot that I had to wipe the point off before I shot it.

And NR- I saw the movie! Funny stuff! Love the racetrack scene.

Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith said...

These were the ink pens that I was using right before I started using fountain pens. They are quite wonderful in the XF or F nibbed versions. I have them in black, red, blue & purple, though they don't get much use any more. Much better than gel pens.

Anonymous said...

goodness! those pens look EXACTLY like these pens I've been writing with, yasutomo liquid stylist. (and they probably are the same pen, down to the colored spring loaded cap) when I first wrote with these I really enjoyed them, until I chipped some paint off the side and saw that there was a very limited ink supply.

Speedmaster said...

I like the pen, and pics. ;-)

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...