Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rotring Fountain Pen Reflecting


The last post of 2008 is of my beloved Rotring Fountain Pen. This one is always inked with black ink and never too far out of reach. There's a great combination of weight, a smooth fine nib and ruggedness that keeps me using this pen daily.

This year went by fast. Like NASCAR fast, like marbles rolling in a Teflon pan fast, like two cups of coffee and a bran muffin fast. As I write this, I have 24.5 hours to reflect on 2008. that's it... then it is gone.

Jim Bishop wrote that " Nothing is as far as a minute ago. "

That's why we use pens to document, it's why we remember... and take a moment to never forget a certain look that someone makes, or a laugh or a glimpse of what we have to appreciate.

While a pen and paper are certainly basic things, my current stack of electronics are not so simple. To answer the questions early...yes there are four devices (some redundant.) No,
I don't carry a fanny pack. Yes, being behind me when I go through airport security is a nightmare. The irony is I would fight you for my 100 year old pens as much as my 32 GB itouch.

So the plan for 2009 is to: simplify, to breathe, to slow down, and to document. (FYI---All that goes out the window as soon as my Blackberry Storm arrives.)

Have a very safe New Year and thanks for reading and for all the support I have received so far.

Cheers-

Seth
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Great review, I also always love to see what interesting things you will use to prop up the pen. Have a safe and happy 2009.

Inter Glossa said...

Best wishes for 2009 and thanks for your blog.

Nrepose said...

I have a 600 that I just rediscovered. I'm not crazy about the balance and I definately can't write posted but it write very good. Great job and happy New Year!

Speedmaster said...

Nice, and keep up the good work on your blog! ;-)

raybanoutlet001 said...

ray ban sunglasses
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors handbags
moncler outlet
coach outlet
christian louboutin shoes
nike shoes
nba jerseys
ralph lauren outlet
nike air jordan

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...