Monday, May 4, 2009

Cartridge Filled Fountain Pens!


I was doing some organizing over the weekend and part of that was making sure I had clean pens in storage. Crusty inky nibs are not a friend of mine. I started to pile up my cartridge fillers to separate from the other types of feeds (don't ask) and took a quick shot. I probably rely on at least one of these pens everyday and keep an empty cartridge in all of them ready to go.

I clean the cartridges the same way I fill them, after they are done, I turn them upside down, and spray in warm water with a syringe until it runs clear, let dry and pop back in. It keeps from having to search for cartridges.

When motivation strikes I grab the syringe and whatever ink inspires me and off I go with a refill. I usually only fill them up halfway unless i know I am doing a ton of writing or want to keep that pen inked for a while. These are mostly Sheaffer's with a few Esterbrooks and Scripto's included but I love them all equally. (that's not true, I have favorites!) Have great Monday everyone.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jim Six said...

I'm not completely clear on what you're doing to clean cartridge-fed fountain pens.

I use a couple fountain pens that use the short, European cartridges and have two pens that seem to just not work.

Can I just flush these pens with a rubber ball syringe to clean them?

Fresh Promotions said...

Now Days many companies become most popular on the globe by using lots of promotional products such as promotional pens, items, gifts, waterman pens, bags and keyrings, it also gives the good results in market. Thanks for sharing the information…..

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...