Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Discount Bin : Panache Calligraphy


Times are tough and I am never afraid to go through the discount bin at my local art supply stores for a few bargains....and a bargain is what I found. Yes, this was marked down from $12.99 to $3.99 and that makes me happy. Any port in a storm right? I also picked up a few Expresso pens for .99 that are fun as well.

So that is $4.00 for two bodies and 4 different calligraphy nibs and 8 ink cartridges. Yes, thank you! I know that these are not the most awesome calligraphy pens ever made in the world, but I have been grabbing wide nibs for doodling and it's been kind of fun lately. I have calligraphy pens that I love and I am not sure how much use these pens will have but I will get some writing samples out for a better review soon. Enjoy your day!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Art Gelwicks said...

I have this particular set and while not horrible they're not fantastic. Watch the plastic at the base of the nibs for cracking though.

The fine nib is actually not bad for regular writing, but you'll want to upgrade your ink to avoid feathering on any rag paper (it's pretty thin.)

Good luck!

Erin said...

Color me green with envy.

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Nice, Liquid Expressos for .99 is a good deal, those are great pens.

Good Pens said...

Art- Thanks for the feedback. I will keep an eye out. I inked up a few of these and I think you are right on about the quality.

raybanoutlet001 said...

skechers outlet
coach outlet
air jordan 8
coach handbags
nike trainers
tory burch outlet
denver broncos jerseys
jordan shoes
nike tn pas cher
christian louboutin shoes

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...