Friday, February 20, 2009

Papermate Gel -Writer


I have 2 distinct memories from 1996. One was living in Georgia for the Olympics in Atlanta and the other is buying this pen. (Only one of those is true, I don't actually remember buying this pen.) But I am pretty sure this pen came out around then.

Feel free to ask, but I am not sure why I still have this pen, or why it still writes pretty well. I don't use it, it's not cherished, it just is here if I ever need a 12 year old Gel point that writes a .7ish blue line. Oh, the writing on the end of the barrel says "fine." Yeah, right"

It wasn't exactly the prettiest of pens, but it does stand out a little with the black and blue swirls.

Googling for this pen, I came up a little empty other than someone selling an ad for this exact pen (dated 1996) Let me know if you remember this one from back in the day.

Have a great weekend, the contest annoucement is coming on Monday and I think it's a fountain pen.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I never had the blue ink version, but I used the black ink edition. It's barrel was black with gold swirls. I remember it as a favorite at the time.

Anonymous said...

I had this exact same pen. Several of them, actually. I loved the pen!

Unknown said...

I had many of those pens. They were, um, objects of my affection during a very short-lived bout of shoplifting in my youth.

I would scribble with them until the level of the ink would sink down below the paint and you could see in the grip just how much ink was left.

Anonymous said...

This one was my very favorite in 1997 when I lived in Singapore. Smooth writing feel and an elegant look, too. Wish I could still get them!

Anonymous said...

Another great product that evidently has been discontinued. I looked for these for years after they disappeared from store shelves. They were the best gel pens I ever found. RIP.

Unknown said...

It's nice to know there are others with my same strange obsession with that pen. I came across this post trying to figure out what ever happened to it. I would have stocked up for life had I known it'd be discontinued, haha.

Anonymous said...

you're not alone ;)

I have two of them and still writing very Good, not like the cheap China Crap today :(

Anonymous said...

I came across this blog entry after googling this pen (which I have done every so often for the past several years hoping to find a stash that someone is selling); it's good to know that I am not the only who loved this pen. Don't remember when or where I bought it but I still have one left.

Didn't like the look of the pen but appreciated how well it wrote - smooth, no skipping. I also liked the shade of the blue ink.

Anonymous said...

Bought one on eBay a couple of years ago -- blue ink version, still in original packaging. I've been putting off opening it. Can't say why, exactly.

raybanoutlet001 said...

seahawks jersey
christian louboutin outlet
cheap jordans
lacoste polo
canada goose
nike roshe
seattle seahawks jerseys
lions jerseys
miami dolphins jerseys
miami heat

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...