Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Esterbrook Advanced Flo-master

Happy Presidents day (belated). As most of you know I take holidays off on Good Pens but wanted to pass along a little knowledge to you.
Did you know that President Harding wore size fourteen shoes? He had the largest feet of all the presidents. It's true. Feel free to tell all your friends.

Remember back in the day when markers first came out? Yeah, I don't either. But my pen collection has an old reminder and here we have the Esterbrook (That's right I said Esterbrook) Advanced Flo-master writing thingy.

I have a deep love for my Esterbrooks, although the love sort of stops here. I guess the idea of a refillable felt tip pen full of lead based ink appealed to some people in the world in the 50's. You still see these in the marketplace every now and then, usually for a ten spot or less and I am not sure anyone is actually doing anything with these other than staring at the Esterbrook marking on the cap.

It does have a good look to it, parked here on top of my Storm I could see carrying this around. I understand there were different tips and colors you could purchase. I will stick to my Sharpies (which first showed up in 1964)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nrepose said...

That is a very nice looking pen. Nr

Display name said...

Ironically, Sharpie is about to release a line of stainless steel Sharpies with replaceable cartridges.

Russell said...

Hi.

I've just purchased the same pen off ebay. What's the story here? I thought Esterbrook does not exist anymore. I can not find a company website. Am I wrong? And if so do they still offer 'Flo-Master' ink?

Thanks

velvet bed sheet wholesale said...

I have a deep love for my Esterbrooks, although the love sort of stops here. I guess the idea of a refillable felt tip pen full of lead based ink appealed to some people in the world in the 50's. You still see these in the marketplace every now and then, usually for a ten spot or less and I am not sure anyone is actually doing anything with these other than staring at the Esterbrook marking on the cap.
bed bath and beyond king size comforter sets ,
design your own comforter ,

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...