Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Before Shots: A new Fountain Pen


Part of the fun of getting a fountain pen for a dollar is seeing what it's inside. It could be a shining star or it could be less than stellar.

Aha! A Gold(ish) nib that is fairly smooth. I will take that any day. A few ink stains that I am sure will come out. Should be a nice Wearever when I am done.

And a busted sac. No biggie, came out clean in two pieces. I didn't have to scrape out 50 years of crust and ink and whatever in there. The filler lever was in good shape, it should be a simple fresh sac, polish and enjoy. Some may argue that it doesn't really make sense to put a $4 sac in a $1 pen, but I disagree. I will get the afters out in another post once I finish it.

This has nothing to do with the post other than that is a camera shot of a camera looking at pens. Click for a better view and have a good day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...