Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sheaffer Fineline Ballpoint Monster

Last night I was rooting through the pen drawers (that sounds dirty) for something to shoot and Office Supply Geek, Pen Addict and Unposted (I know these people have names) were on Twitter discussing putting Dremel to refill to get a better overall pen. This post is for you.

I love this pen, and the irony is that I have never actually used it to write with, not because it's a rare un-inked fountain that will be passed through the Good Pen family from father to son and so on. It's because the damned thing does not write. I am sure someone wrote with it at one point and I appreciate that they took care not to bite it or toss it carelessly around before it landed in my hands.

No Natural Light and Nachos here, this pen has style, tuxedos and Maserati style. Sexay.

Unfortunately, it has this big clunky dinosaur of a refill in it that is older than I am.

All this Dremel talk reminded me I want to one day get one of my G-2 refills in this beast. Now you people that are smarter than I am will tell me I can go out and buy a brass adapter for $10.00 plus shipping that will allow me to use Sheaffer modern refills and I might do that one day. But for now, I seriously want to have a Dremel party and really bring this pen back to life.

2 comments:

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Awesome post, and that is a good looking pen. I am in the camp of saying dont go for the adapter and the standard refills...make it YOUR pen, figure out how to get that Dermel to work and customize it. I have faith that you can do it. :)

I have a pen that is similar in its non-use, although not quite as nice as this one...Ill be posting it eventually, but its honestly never been used, it is probably 25+ years old, and is one of my favorite pens.

Anyway, another nice write up on your part here, and thanks for the mention! :)

raybanoutlet001 said...

skechers outlet
coach outlet
air jordan 8
coach handbags
nike trainers
tory burch outlet
denver broncos jerseys
jordan shoes
nike tn pas cher
christian louboutin shoes

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...