Friday, January 30, 2009

My Old School Papermate


Some pens live in your heart, some pens live in your desk. Thankfully, this one lives somewhere
in between. Those two little hearts have seen a lot.

I really think this might have been the first pen that I really craved writing with back in the day. (Those days were filled with sk8ting, BMX, Ska and general adolescence.) However, I still took my pens very seriously, even if I didn't know what I was writing, I still wanted to enjoy the process and the idea of writing.

(Yes, I actually polished this for the pictures.) I know that times change and some pen styles move on. My tastes in pens have definitely changed (and there's very little Ska music in my iTouch) but I still like to appreciate whatever I am writing with. I can't say I use this pen often, or its in the rotation, but it's good to remember where your roots are and where your habits come from.

This pen is sort of like having a 1974 Volkwagon Superbeetle in the garage. It's cool, fun to take out, but in general, it just sits there. Have a great weekend and I will get to the comments and emails before Monday. Cheers.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Liz Money said...

PaperMate is the best oldie and goodie pen brand. No matter how far you stray, there is always a good ol paper mate pen that will never let you down.

PA bike rider said...

What no Upstairs at Erics in the I Pod ??? The old stuff is cool to dig out every once in awhile ... pens and music !! Later bud ...

Lee

Anonymous said...

Yep, I got a lot of miles out of PaperMates back in the day. I remember it was my mother's pen of choice. We've still got a few hidden away in drawers around the house. They're the Timex watch of pens.

Eric Peel said...

Love these pens, the Papermate Profile. My second pen love after the Papermate Contour, which I fell in love with after seeing the gorgeous blue ink it produced, in my adolescence. I have since been through many - they seem to have a weak spot at the top of the clip after lots of usage. I still have a couple and carry them fairly regularly. They do have some of the best, darkest ballpoint ink around.

Anonymous said...

P@tty
I want to know the name of that pen because I am looking for that one but in silver barrel. They are the best pens ever.....I am a pen fanatic. Please email me to torrespatty26@hotmail.com!!!!

Roland short said...

i have 5 or 6 off the old paper mate pens from my sister and i use them everyday at work everyone loves them , rolshort@hotmail.com

GM said...

Love Papermate Contour.. My Wife has one too and says it writes lovely. Wish I could get more of them. Cumon Papermate how about a relaunch..GM

GM said...

Love Papermate Contour.. My Wife has one too and says it writes lovely. Wish I could get more of them. Cumon Papermate how about a relaunch..GM

Anonymous said...

I have the same pen with a Black barrel,,,had it since the 70's. I even have one where the chrome is worn off the top half,,think I had that one since the late 60's. Great pens,,,wish I could still find them, my last one is starting to have difficulty to retract and misses 1 out of 4 :-((

Anonymous said...

What is the name of this pen? Where can I get another one?

raybanoutlet001 said...

louboutin shoes
true religion outlet
fitflops
ecco shoes
nike shoes
ed hardy uk
chicago bulls jersey
cheap ray bans
broncos jerseys
nhl jerseys

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...