Monday, December 1, 2008

Esterbrook #2


There are 2 physical things in this world that I trust. They both are pictures above. Good old duct tape and my green Esterbrook. I know, if asked, they will always perform reasonable duties. Sure, I wish the nib was a little bit more flexible and that I didn't "have" to use duct tape so much (it usually means something is broken) but they both do their job very well when needed.
This perfect little gem was a very low cost Ebay item that I could easily double my money on, but I just do not feel the need. I have other Esties...it has friends here.

The nib is a 1551 and I usually keep the sac filled with a nice matching green ink for just when I need it. I still really want a very flexible wet nib for my Esties and continue to search for a reasonably priced one, but for now, this is just fine. Good Pen.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should watch the For Sale listings at fountainpennetwork.com and/or the Zoss list. That's more or less how I got my 9128 nib. The only way my red J could be any better now is if I had a spare 9128 nib for it. :)

I always have a roll of duct tape in the tool bag. :)

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...