Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Swan Self Filling Pen"


Click for better views. The Mabie Todd. Of all the pens I own, this one seems the most interesting. I know it's not the most expensive, or the sexiest, but it has the feel and look of a classic fountain pen. Black, with gold accompaniments, not too flashy, and a broad nib that begs to be written with. I should get this one restored. I know the filling system has long since given up the ghost and I would love to fill this thing up and go to town, but a part of me wants to keep it exactly how it is.


Every now and then I will give this one a dip and write a check, or sign an important paper, but for the most part it just sits in my pen box and looks classy. I don't want to be the guy with the car in the garage that he never uses, but sometimes a little mystery is better that having everything explained to you.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

iamagirldork said...

Aw...kind of like a favorite blanket.

Velouria said...

That is a beautiful Swan, you should definitely get it restored. Is the nib flexible? Thanks for linking The Magic Fountain : )

Anonymous said...

You should restore this...its a beauty. I have linked your site to mine. Let me know if you want to do this yourself.

Phil

http://munsonpens.wordpress.com/

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...