Monday, October 27, 2008

I really wanted to like it.


Click for a better view. This is the first of my purchases from my shopping spree at Maido. I bought this mostly because I have seen a few reviews and hacks (ink cartridge refills on Instructables), and I felt the need to try it. The Pilot Petit 1. Petit is the French work for small. So just to get the record straight, It's a Japanese pen, with a French name, sold in the US. Okay...

The good and the bad, It lays down some serious black ink. I love the darkness and ink quality. Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of the pen overall. The nib is pretty scratchy even on good paper and the cap keeps unposting when I write. Which can be bad when the pen alone is only 3.5 inches long and suddenly the pen you were writing with is now rolling across the paper towards you. I guess I like the idea of this pen. Small, fountain, easy to drag around, but my Preppy was less expensive and a much better writer. I will keep using it for a bit to see if anything changes, but for now it's just "meh."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, I am not the only pen lover who did not fall head over heels in love with the Pilot Petit1. It is adorable and I love its oval shape when capped, but I found the same drawbacks in comfort and scratchiness.

robotguy said...

Perhaps because I'm used to a really fine point (my daily is a Binder XXXF) I didn't find it scratchy. The main reasons this pen is still in my bag-o-tricks are that, first, it is actually available in Fine, and second, they really mean Fine. I've heard Japanese pens tend to write fine than equivalent American pens. After using this one I believe it.

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...