Monday, December 8, 2008

Wearever....The Bastard of Pens


Wearever must feel like they were the crazy uncle with a prison history that no one talks about of the pen industry. I can't even find a wiki page for them. There's a Wiki page for Pi Day, but not one for Wearever. I both love and hate that they don't get any credit. This pen sat in my drawer for years untouched. My reply when asked was "oh, that's just a Wearever, now come over here and look at the "good" pens..." Until part boredom and part curiosity crept in and I decided to restore the old dog.

A simple tear down, ultrasonic bath, new sac and a good polishing was all that was needed to bring this one back to life. A fresh drink of Private Reserve Ebony Blue and I have a new friend. It's a very nice writing fountain pen that I have put into heavy rotation. (I don't really mean "friend" people.)

You know what? I am actually OK with Crazy Uncle Wearever. They remain cheap on Ebay and anytime I can find a 70-year old fountain pen that looks good and writes well for a few bucks... I will jump all over it... every single time. This will probably be the number 1 pen I write with this week and I could not be happier. Good Pen.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Michael Moncur said...

Wearever made some beautiful pens - even if they were "cheap" at the time. I have a collection of their old button fillers and they used some beautiful celluloids.

Anonymous said...

I remember Wearever pens from when was a kid. They actually made throwaway ballpoints akin to the Bic. However, they were far superior to the Bic, being better made and containing the very exotic blue-black ink. However, we were forbidden in Catholic school to write with blue-black (too racy or something, who knows?), so didn't get to use them much.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comments, I love that Blue-black was too racy. I hope you only write with bright red now just to show them up!

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet online
curry shoes
michael kors
celine handbags
michael kors
coach outlet online
coach outlet
air max
adidas superstars
pandora jewelry store
xushengda0517

raybanoutlet001 said...

nike outlet
coach outlet online
indianapolis colts jerseys
christian louboutin shoes
polo ralph lauren
oakley sunglasses wholesale
raiders jerseys
nike store
coach outlet
mulberry handbags

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...