Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What is going on here?



Most people will gloss over this post without a second look, unless they notice that the ink on the card seems a little blueish on the larger version or that the pen says .7 but the line says much finer. . If so, congrats and welcome to the first of my lightly modified pens. Wait, I can't even call this modified. Interchanged is a better word. For some reason, I love the Body of the Pilot g-6. It just works for me, from the grip to the window....here is the "but" but... I have been writing with G-2 so long I almost am tired of them. It just so happens that the cartridge from a Zebra Sarasa clip 0.4 fits in the G-6 perfectly, without cutting or tweaking and still clicks open and close perfectly. So, go nuts, put a green in your black body and go crazy, wear a hat, or whistle, or stare at your elders. But do not ask to borrow my G-6.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great call. I love the look and quality of the G2 limited edition pen body, but my favorite color is blue-black. So I'm using a .5 zebra sarasa clip blue-black refill in it, and it's been my favorite pen ever since. Always have to keep stealing it back from co-workers though . . . :-)

Anonymous said...

Cult Pens (http://www.cultpens.com) in the UK has the European version of the G-6, the AlphaGel in 0.5:

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Pilot_Alphagel.html

Adam said...

Have you found any other homes for the Sarasa clip cartridges? That's one of my favorite pens, but I prefer heavy (even metal) barrels. I've mated them with the stainless steel Pentel Energel barrels, which are nicely weighted, but I'd like an even nicer barrel and weight.

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...