Monday, November 1, 2010

Pentel Graphlet 0.4 ... a good non-pen

Who has two thumbs and cannot stop using his new .4 mechanical pencil? This guy. Larger pictures if you click...
















I think like most people... I had natural progression down to smaller leads from when I first started using non-pens. (everyone calls pencils "non-pens" right?) You had your Yellow #2 and it stayed as sharp as you had the energy to walk to the pencil sharpener for.
Years later...I remember my first .3 pencil. It was almost perfect. There was the occasional scratching and lead breaking and paper tearing but for the most part... It was near perfect. However...I found some really good feeling .5's that a solid grip that made up for the thicker lead. Now I think I have found my happy place....

















Each different lead thickness has a different color cap!

Then I discovered the .4. OOOOH baby. It's kinda like chewing on a old pieces of leather for all your life and then someone handing you a piece of gum and saying "Here, try this."

"Thank you... where were you 4 cows ago?" (you have to excuse me today-I had a fresh new brand of espresso this morning and I might have gone overboard.)

















If lead ever had a small family reunion and some of them got together for a distant cousin portrait... this would be it. That's a .3 on the left then a .4, 5, 7, 9 and up to a who knows what that size is on the right. Oh...and that is a Parker 61 Mechanical pencil that I need to review (second from the right.)Love.

















Jetpens sell these for $7.50 a pop. Before you go start a rally about it...it's a very fair price for the quality. I will be picking up the entire series.

Oh, I cannot stop listening to The Avett Brothers. Anytime punk and folk are blended give me a shout, I would be in... Enjoy your day.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

findingjudi said...

thanks for the pencil review! my husband loves mechanical pencils and can never seem to find the right one so we'll see how he likes the graphlet.

xiaoxia said...

thanks for the pencil review! my husband loves mechanical pencils and can never Ugg boots seem to find the right one so we'll see how he likes the graphlet.

amrootha said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u



Leather Note Jotter

raybanoutlet001 said...

skechers outlet
coach outlet
air jordan 8
coach handbags
nike trainers
tory burch outlet
denver broncos jerseys
jordan shoes
nike tn pas cher
christian louboutin shoes

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...