Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Perfect Pair - Rhodia and a 616


So this addiction usually runs in waves. Meaning...if I like a pen and paper combo, I will stick with until it runs the course and I move on to the next journal or pen or even ink if needed. Depending on the day, this could almost be hourly. Oddly enough, these two little gems came together quite nicely and the have remained friends for a long time now. #1 is the Rhodia 5 x5 and #2 is (oddly enough) a very low end Parker knock off (616.) These two came together like Starsky and Hutch and have been my "go to" for almost everything lately.

As always..click for larger pictures. Sometimes pen and paper combos surprise me. I normally would not throw these two together- but with a little good ink added in.. I am a happy man. These pens seem to last a very short time. Believe it or not I almost consider them disposable at less that $1.00 each. They have been "testy" to say the least...but this one at least for now... is working very well.

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a PAIR of brown shoes" George Gobel. Pair...get it? I am getting into a rhythm with this combo and they are working for me right now. Sure tomorrow... I might make the switch, but it's a about staying fresh and excited about what you do. If that means changing inks or pens often. So be it.

Tomorrow is giveaway day so I will see you then!

Seth
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Alex said...

I love this specific Rhodia pad, but I have yet to try a Hero. To utilize the somewhat limited space of the Rhodia, I like to use the .38 Signo DX or a Lamy EF nib... I guess I should try a Hero before shooting it down. Thanks for putting up some more posts, too.

College Term Papers said...

Great info, I glad to see this blog, such an informative article, it really helps the student keep doing this nice work, Thanks for share this

Unknown said...

I totally agree, Rhodia, my favorite and Hero 616, yep. I have three or four Heros and a few Wing Sungs, I like them all, I even love some of them but I never found any for a buck! I did spend nearly $50 for a Waterman that barely even works, I'm happier with a $5 pen I love.

report scheduler said...

i havent bought a good pen for a long time now..i always lose them...it breaks my heart to lose
a favorite pen..i like this one, worth the try

uk lottery said...

This pen will match anything.This will match my cute uniform.

high country outfitters said...

I like your blog so much.I'm also addicted to pens.My fave collections.

Berkshire Graphic Design said...

I believe that attitude is everything.ANd I'm liking the attitude of this page.

fha mortgage help said...

Anything goes in my life.And I'm thinking that I need a pen and a notebook,now.NOW!

raybanoutlet001 said...

los angeles lakers jerseys
golden state warriors jerseys
christian louboutin shoes
air max 90
mlb jerseys
polo ralph lauren
cheap ray bans
nike outlet
texans jerseys
vikings jerseys

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...