Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Platinum Preppy Sign Pen


Let's kick this week off with a bang! I have a history of loving sign pens. There's a few other reviews in the archives and I somehow figure out a way to use them everyday. When I came across the Preppy Sign pen at a Jetpens... I had to have it. Just having the word "sign" on it was enough for me. (Yes, they had me at sign.) The pen comes in 4 pieces ready to go and in a ton of crazy colors if you like that sort of thing.

If you click on this picture, you actually can see the first bit of ink heading into the point. Kind of like the moment of conception. (Can I say that?)

Since this is a Sign pen I decided to make a sign. That will show them! Who do they think they are? With their Rock and Roll music and their AK-47's (kidding everyone knows the kids on my block use Uzi's)

Here is the side by side of my Pentel Sign pen and honestly...it's pretty comparable. Plus... the bonus is, everyone knows if I have a cartridge, I can refill it. I have no idea what sort of ink I would use here, but it will be fun to try. I will let you know if the tip wears as well as the Pentel. Those do get better with age. Have a great day everyone. Good Pens.

Seth


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Nrepose said...

Nice job. I might have to pick one of these up. Nr

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Great review, I actually just picked up one of the Fountain Pen versions of this....now you have me thinking about another JetPens order! ;)

The Old Geezer said...

I have one and don't like it! It writes way to bold and the ink, while black, is weak. I like the look and feel of the pen and it's modular construction. If Platinum would only make a few different nibs for it, like a 0.2 mm technical pen nib, or an EF fountain pen nib, or a 0.4 mm needle rollerball nib! It seems like a great design with so much potential that has gone to waist!

Good Pens said...

OG- I agreed that the black could be blacker, although it seems like its been getting darker the more I write with it. I remember it did start off grayish.

john said...

Have you noticed, either with this pen or the preppy fountain pen the cap cracking and not staying attached to the pen?

i've had two preppy fountain pens do that so far. Love the way they write though.

Anonymous said...

John, Yes I have. Take a look here : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mxRrXqKbtUE/SWWBOLYHiNI/AAAAAAAAD9M/HQmiju9vXg4/s1600-h/IMG_0365.JPG I run a piece of electrical tape around the outside of the cap. now it works perfectly!

john said...

Awesome! I'll tape my caps up tonight when i get home.

Thanks for the tip!

Pen World said...

I've this same pen. It's an extraordinary one. For writing I've found great comfort using such sign pen. However, I feel good to read such nice review about this awesome pen. Thanks.

raybanoutlet001 said...

air jordan uk
kate spade sale
nike outlet
jordan 4
philadelphia eagles jerseys
longchamp handbags
yeezy shoes
ray ban sunglasses outlet
coach outlet
christian louboutin outlet

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...