Monday, March 30, 2009

The New Stainless Steel Sharpie Review


So--- a Sharpie rep saw my Bic post last week and was kind enough to send over a new Stainless Steel Sharpie for review. I have been dying to get my hands on one of these and was not disappointed when I opened the FedEx. I stared at it for a while--- giggled and then went on a Sharpie spree like you read about.
The 3 parts, broken down for you.

These are the magic words I have been waiting for "Sharpie refill." (click to enlarge) If someone ran into the room and yelled "free beer" and then someone else ran in and yelled "Sharpie Refills" I seriously might have to take some time to work that one out in my head. This is the refill portion that unscrews from the body of the pen. Even the refill feels very substantial.

I do not pack a lunch but I wanted to get a writing sample in. You still get the great writing point that you would expect out of a regular Sharpie but in a convenient STAINLESS STEEL case! (I sort of yelled that) I wish more of my favorite pens would protect themselves better and still look this good.

And here we are sitting beside the little brother. The little brother is angry because he does not have a STAINLESS STEEL case! (sorry, last time for all caps.) Office Supply Geek did a great detailed review of these and a Sharpie tech guy left a comment saying these weigh about twice what a normal Sharpie weighs. Nice!

You can buy the new Sharpies here from Amazon now if you want to give them a try but I am keeping this one. Have a great Monday everyone.



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Awesome review, told you that you would like it. These things are great...thanks for the mention of my review also.

John Johnston said...

Great review! The refill-ability is the icing on the cake.

Mimi said...

T he side by side pix say it all.

May have to order from Amazon. They're not retail yet. Grumble...

calimama@compactbydesign said...

Hmmm, you make me want things I have no business wanting. I have to stop reading about pens. I think I could develop an addiction (scratch that I have an addiction I just ignore it) and now is not the time or place. If you can come up with a reason this would be required for health or safety reasons you'd be my hero.

Felyne said...

Hmmmm Sharpie. I <3 Sharpie pens but I just have no need for their thick line markery goodness.

What do you Sharpie fans do with your Sharpies (and more importantly, can it justify me getting one for myself??)

Red Wing said...

The stainless steel sharpie is simply good for the soul.

Anonymous said...

Refills? UK?

Seems like a throw-away landfill item.

Good Pens said...

Anon..try this: http://www.discountmagic.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1492

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...