Monday, July 6, 2009

Don't call it a comeback! Micron 005


As some of you know, I am a proud new papa and I took a week (and a few days) to get things in order and enjoy being a parent. My twitter updates were around, but the blog was left unattended. But I am back. Expect some hot and heavy posting and I should be more regular than two cups of coffee and a bran muffin in the morning.

My first post back is one of my favorites for everything. If you have seen these on the rack in your art store and passed them by, I insist that you pick one up and put it in rotation. The variety of widths make them very versatile and the archival ink is just cool.

Baby G is doing very well and we are starting to get into a routine. That's code for I am tired and am barely able to string a sentence together without stopping in the middle to wonder if I have pants on or not. I am going back upstairs now to put pants on, be right back.

I easily can switch from drawing to to-do lists and not afraid to loan this out if needed. There's also a ton of colors available for you to enjoy. The full name is the Pigma Micron and this one is a 005 black. love. There are a total of 6 line sizes available: 005 = 0.20 mm, 01 = 0.25 mm, 02 = 0.30 mm, 05 = 0.45 mm, and 08 = 0.50 mm. Good times! Enjoy it.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What book is that? Nice illustrations.

Nrepose said...

Glad to see you back! Hope all is well with the little one. Nr

OfficeSupplyGeek said...

Welcome back! I recently picked up the same pen in red...have yet to review it yet, and I dont even have the baby excuse. :) Hope all is well on that front.

Good Pens said...

CraigV- Its called Modern Illustration Copyright 1936 by E.C. matthews. I will post more from it soon, it's an awesome book. Thanks for the comments all!

Unknown said...

These things are kickass for doing illustrations

http://all-my-hues.livejournal.com/

Macy Dawn said...

My mother had a stash of these pens that she used for her scrapbooking projects when I was growing up. I've stolen many of these pens from her over the years!

KenW said...

Congratulations. Living with baby will get easier.

I really like the microns but hate that sharp edge the cap butts up against on the barrel above the grip. So I cut it back with a utility knife from 90 degrees to approx 50 to 60 degrees. It's a lot more comfortable to use then. I prefer the brown ink with 005 or 001 tips.

janey said...

I prefer the ultra fine sharpie - the ink is blacker and a bit shiny too.

Anonymous said...

micron 005 is the greatest pen ever

Unknown said...

fit flops
cavaliers jerseys
coach factory outlet
hermes bags
dansko
discount oakley sunglasses
coach outlet online
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet store
adidas nmd r1
xushengda0517

raybanoutlet001 said...

coach factory outlet
nike huarache
louboutin shoes
nike tn
oakley sunglasses
carolina jerseys
cardinals jersey
jordan 8
supreme clothing
jordan shoes

Moonman AKA The Camry

OK,  Camry MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch comparison.   Low cost and will run forever.  The Moonman M2 is a super fun Chines...